WHO ARE WE?
Owner to Renter Cottages is a unique and premier listing portal for cottage and trailers across Canada. We provide an online tool for individual owners wanting to list, book and approve their own cottage bookings. For 2022, owners with cottages in Alberta, Ontario and Prince Edward Island can list their property for free on the portal.
The listing portal can be the owner’s sole method of advertising their cottage or be used to supplement Airbnb, VRBO and other forms of advertising. Upload all rentals into one calendar to make it easier to keep track including family and friends’ bookings. Owners are charged a service fee of 2.9% of the base rent plus GST.
WHAT DO OWNERS RECEIVE?
- Setup your own listing online by clicking on the blue SIGN UP button at the top right hand side of the website and REGISTER AS AN OWNER to list your property.
- Personalized link for your listing that you can advertise to friends, family and on any social media platform you choose. This will keep all your bookings organized by having only one way to book online.
- Sync your availability calendar with other calendars such as Airbnb and VRBO.
- Add your existing family and friends’ bookings online to have all rentals in one place.
- Create custom discount coupons online for friends, family or last-minute specials.
- Option to accept or not accept questions online from prospective renters. Manage all your payments thru your own PayPal account.
- Pre-approve each booking request prior to accepting the payment from the renter via PayPal.
- Easy to use Owner Booking Portal to independently enter available dates, description, pricing and add service fees such as cleaning and pet fees.
- Technical support available for owners via Annex Graphics. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload your rental contract. Support is available. Email email@example.com.
- OwnerToRenterCottages.com website is advertised via paid social media ads, cottage rental websites, Facebook groups, Kijiji, Instagram and Twitter.
- Confirm cottage has liability insurance that covers rentals.
- Set up PayPal site & attach bank account to PayPal to accept renter payments.
- Prepare description of cottage & select amenities.
- Create an availability calendar.
- Provide inside & outside photos of cottage.
- Set up an email for prospective renters to submit questions.
WHAT ARE THE FEES TO LIST MY UNIT?
- Free to list your cottage on the website.
- A service fee is charged at time of booking. A fee of 2.9% of base rent plus GST is added at checkout.
HOW DO OWNERS GET PAID?
- Renters pay owners directly for all funds.
- Customized PayPal site linked to your bank account.
- Ability to accept rent 50% upon booking and 50% 30 days prior to check-in.